Discover the unique beauty of The Landing: wine-tasting with superb views, delicious regional food, and a leisurely walk among the vines.
Visits are by appointment only.
The Cellar Door Lunch
$450pp / 4.5 hours return
The experience starts when you step aboard The Landing’s private boat at Russell, Waitangi, or Paihia Wharf for a cruise across the sparkling waters of the Bay of Islands before disembarking at beautiful Wairoa Bay.
With a glass of Rosé in hand your Landing wine guide will take you on a tour of The Landing, visiting our kiwi-filled native bush and wetlands, historic sites of cultural significance and our vineyard, planted with the region’s signature grape varieties. You’ll then settle in at our new winery and be guided through the unique and complex characteristics of The Landing wines while overlooking the vineyard. To gain a deeper understanding of what goes into every bottle we’ll also take you on a tour of the winery and barrel room.
Linger over a two-course lunch prepared by The Landing’s chef using the best seasonal produce from The Landing’s gardens and the Northland region while enjoying our entire collection of wines at your own pace while overlooking spectacular views of the vineyard, native bush and farmland.
Afterwards, stretch your legs with one of The Landing team on a guided walk, pointing out historical sites, to a lookout point with one of the best views of the Bay of Islands.
A trip back to your departure destination by boat completes the day and a food and wine experience you’ll never forget.
- Boat transfers to and from either Russell, Paihia, Waitangi Wharf (weather permitting)
- Tour of The Landing, its significant historical sites and vineyard
- Wine tasting of seven of The Landing Wines with a member of the winery team
- Winery tour (subject to operational restriction) and barrel tastings
- Two-course lunch prepared by The Landing’s chef, with two glasses of wine with lunch
- Guided walk across The Landing walking trails and up to the lookout
Taste of The Landing
$250pp / 2.5 hours return
There’s no better way to get an understanding of what goes into a glass a wine than tasting it overlooking the vineyard where it’s grown.
From our new winery you’ll experience spectacular views of our vineyard, native bush and the historic Wairoa Bay that influence our award-winning wines.
Set off from either Russell, Paihia or Waitangi Wharf on The Landing’s private boat for a trip across the water to beautiful Wairoa Bay. Your Landing wine guide will escort you from the jetty to the winery, stopping for a wander through the vines of our sun-soaked 23-acre vineyard, set among bird-filled native bush.
Each day, our head chef prepares delicious grazing platters of seasonal produce sourced from The Landing’s gardens and the Northland region, which you can enjoy overlooking spectacular views of the vineyard, native bush and farmland.
After lunch, you’ll return to The Landing jetty for a cruise back across the bay.
- Boat transfers to and from either Russell, Paihia, Waitangi or Opua Wharf (weather permitting)
- Tour of the vineyard
- Wine-tasting of five of The Landing Wines guided by one of the winery team
- Grazing platter prepared by The Landing’s chef and a glass of wine