Calling fine wine and food enthusiasts! A weekend of dreamy indulgence awaits at The Landing.
A Weekend with the Winemakers
Over three days and two nights, discover the craft of winemaking in our vineyard and winery and enjoy exceptional dining prepared by The Landing’s private chef, while staying in the luxurious comfort of our Residences.
FRIDAY 20 – SUNDAY 22 NOVEMBER 2020 | $2,500 PER PERSON
The Bay of Islands region is one of New Zealand’s ‘food baskets’, with incredible seafood, fresh produce and grass-fed meats, as well as being a rising star of the wine industry. Set on a spectacular 1000-acre coastal estate, The Landing is home to every aspect of this rich offering.
At our Weekend with the Winemakers, our experts will take you on a journey of discovery, from a tour of the terroir of our hillside vineyard to guided tastings of our range accompanied by exquisite local cuisine.
The Landing winemaker Ben Byrne and renowned consultant winemaker Warren Gibson will lead a tasting masterclass in our winery barrel room, accompanied by barrel-tastings and the chance to try your hand at blending for a wine to take home.
Each day, you’ll enjoy breakfasts, lunches and dinners created by our head chef, using produce from The Landing’s own gardens and orchard, or sourced from local fishermen and farmers to give you a true taste of the region – all accompanied by The Landing’s own wines.
In your free time, you can explore the scenic and historic highlights of The Landing, take to the water for sight-seeing or fishing trips on our private boat, meet New Zealand’s shy native icon – the kiwi – on a guided night walk, or make use of our paddleboards, kayaks, mountain bikes, tennis courts, gym and steam room.
It’s a weekend of conviviality, great conversation and gastronomic discovery, set in one of the most beautiful retreats in the country. Don’t miss your chance to secure your place.
Included in your stay
- Property, vineyard and winery tour
- Family styled dining experience by our chef accompanied by The Landing Wines
- Soil profiling, and in-depth overview of the region, vineyard and our different varietals
- Barrel tasting and blending
- Kiwi-spotting guided evening walk
- Half-day sightseeing boat tour or fishing trip on The Landing boat Iti Rangi
- Tour of The Landing and its historically significant sites
- Tennis court and gym
- Kayaks, paddle boards and mountain bikes
- Extensive walking, running and cycling tracks